About Healer Within Foundation
These self-applied health enhancement methods cost nothing, cause no negative side effects, and may be used anytime and anywhere by anyone.
Spreading Wellness from the Inside Out
The Healer Within Foundation’s programs empower people using medically proven self-care practices that effectively support disease prevention, accelerate healing, and decrease unnecessary mental and physical suffering.
Currently our largest program is TaiChiEasy™, an “evidence based” program using gentle movement, breath practice, self‐applied massage, and meditation.
Trained TaiChiEasy™ Practice Leaders support end-users in lowering risk for preventable chronic diseases, improving sleep problems, managing pain, speeding rehabilitation, reducing depression and anxiety, assisting in recovery from addiction, and more.
TaiChiEasy™ is offered under exclusive license to the Healer Within Foundation for the purpose of:
- Educating underserved populations about the benefits of TaiChiEasy™, in collaboration with other not-for-profit entities;
- Furthering the TaiChiEasy™ Dissemination Program, a unique approach to train TaiChiEasy™ Practice Leaders all over the world who agree to bring the powerful and simple practices to under-served communities in hospitals, low-income housing, and schools.
Who Supports Us
Hundreds of individual donors and organizations recognize our efforts and have collaborated with us, among them:
- Center for Integrative Health Medicine and Research (founding grant)
- National Council on Aging
- American Society on Aging
- National Wellness Institute
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Arizona
- Archstone Foundation
- The Regional Housing Authority of Santa Barbara
- Esalen Institute, Big Sur California
- Omega Institute, New York
- Santa Barbara Community College
- Santa Barbara College of Oriental Medicine
- Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara
The Healer Within Foundation was founded in 2003 and is an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Santa Barbara, California.
Read more about our past activities and projects in the Healer Within Foundation Condensed History 2003-2012 (PDF)
Board, Officers & Staff
Board of Directors
John Middlebrooks, Chairman Emeritus
Dr. Roger Jahnke, OMD, President Emeritus, Founder
Josie Weaver, Wellness Consultant, TaiChiEasy™ Instructor (President)
Antoinette Horn, MBA, LNHA, Integral Qigong and Tai Chi Teacher, TaiChiEasy™ Senior Trainer (Vice President)
Theda Zawaiza, Ph.D. (Board Treasurer)
Sarah Harrison (Board Secretary)